Tuesday, October 11, 2011

28 things // No.4

(doodle by Ed<3)

I really thought by the time I was 27 I wouldn't be such a scaredy cat :/ I think the only thing that's changed is I don't let my mind run wild as and I forget about scary movies and stuff I've seen more easily. I also look at a lot less gross/scary stuff on the internet, remember rotten.com ick!

I'm afraid of stuff that doesn't exist and well as real stuff...I'm not used to the size of the house and I find it totally plausible that someone could have broke in and snuck under the bed or in the closet while we were gone. Luckily we got a new bedroom set last week and there's no under the bed, it's a platform box, so that will save me some time, still gotta check the closet though.

Being a scaredy cat started when my uncle made the wise choice to bring me to see Chucky when I was 3...From then on I thought dolls were alive. I didnt like to be alone in the same room as my "kid sister", I thought she was Chucky's wife. When I was 4 I left my barbie and ken on the sidewalk in their car because I thought ken said something(they were stolen). It's weird too because I had SO MANY dolls and toys, but I was always wary of them at night, they definitely weren't sleeping with me. Even some stuffed animals looked sinister...

The most recent scary thing we watched was Insidious, jesus! That took me about 3 days to recover from. Unfortunately I love scary movies, I'm lucky that Ed will still go to the bathroom with me and thinks it's perfectly normal I trail after him like a shadow the night after we watching a horror movie. 

Boy these 28 things are just going to illustrate what a weirdo I am! but really so far they've shown me that I'm not alone. I loved seeing your responses to the driving one, I feel much better about the whole thing :)

Are you a scaredy cat? are you afraid of the dark!? what is your biggest irrational fear?


p.s. I'll be back later today with a vlog of the giveaway winners!

9 comments:

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

You are not the only one! We had to get a platform bed too because of my fears! At least you can watch scary movies. I can't even watch PREVIEWS for scary movies because I start to get freaked out and paranoid. I'm about as jumpy as a cat!

nova said...

I am about some things and I'm not about other things. And I'll never know what's going to affect me until it's the middle of the night when I'm home alone. For example, the movie Signs? You know, the alien movie? There's a part where it's a kid's birthday party being filmed by the kid's mom or something and she catches the alien on tape and it's on the news and Joaquin Phoenix's character is all like "AAH"...
That stupid scene plays in my head ALL THE TIME when I'm looking out my kitchen window for some reason and I get all creeped out.

Origami_potato said...

I like to make sure our closet door is shut at nights. That way if there is anyone hiding in there, I could at least hear them come out or so I hope. o_O *laughs* Now I'm imagining Richard Simmons jumping out of my closet and screaming at me to sweat it to the oldies.

Aw the memories of believing Freddy Krueger was going to get me or the demons from The Gate would be waiting for me on the floor.

Jacqueline said...

Okay so you're gonna laugh so hard at my irrational fear. By the way I always make sure the closet is closed too, I don't know why.
Anyway. I'm really afraid of fish. I don't know why and I can't explain how it makes me feel but God fish are the worst. I just tense up and wanna run.
Love and Turtledoves,
Jacqueline

Krista said...

Boy would I mess with you!!!! J/K, maybe. I think all humans have some irrational fears. Mine is pretty weird, my worst fear is that I will be murdered. I have worried about it ever since I read Helter Skelter in the 7th grade.

Kim said...

I am definitely a scaredy cat! I think it's a problem with an overactive imagination - you know rationally and statistically, there's probably nothing there, but your mind goes into overdrive! Definitely understand.

Cas said...

I'm such a paranoid person... I get out of bed at time to make sure my doors are locked. Repeatedly. O___O OCD maybe, lol.

Marizabeth said...

Bear and I did away with the bed frame and have our mattresses directly on the floor. He thinks it's mostly because the frame broke. Truthfully, I was too afraid to go to bed if the lights were out and he was already asleep. I was positive that something would reach out from under the bed and grab me! I still run and jump onto the bed if the lights are out, and I may or may not squeal a little bit... The closet door has to be "closed" (it's an accordion fold door and broken, so it never really closes) and the interior light off so it doesn't throw a weird shadow. Bear also has this globe puzzle thing on top of the TV that cast a shadow that looks like a profile of a person whenever he leaves his hats on it that scares me whenever I notice it. Even when I know what it is from, I always imagine the man IS the shadow and will slink along the wall till he gets to me. Such a scaredy cat!

Katya said...

HAHAHA this made me laugh... I don't think I'm a scardy cat anymore... BUT for a long time since I came to the USA when I was about 5... I remember seeing this movie and I don't remember the name or anything else about the movie... anyway this guy went to take a dump and this creature started eating his butt and I think he killed him. Ever since then I always look in the toilet before I sit down... lol not only that I grew up in a household with all boys so I needed to always checking anyway.