Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Two thousand and eight

Happy new year! We spent new years eve at home, we visited sis for awhile but pretty much holed up at the house. We played WoW all night (we're now lvl 30)and I kissed Ed's delicious lips at midnight. I felt pretty good last night almost the same amount of relief i felt after christmas, i was feeling pretty damn optimistic.....but then I woke up late this morning and the first thing i had to do was turn in an application to longs...I felt like i was applying for a job at mcdonalds. I know it's not that bad but thats how i felt, overwhelming anxiety that I have not felt in a long time. I need some kind of job until my fingerprints go through and when i worked there a few years ago it was pretty entertaining, ringing up people's lube and diapers. I will need some kind of job even while I'm working because it's only 15 hrs a week and unless i consistently post stuff on etsy I wont have money for anything after rent. Plus for some reason I'm not eligible to work in summer school till the summer after next :/

I know if it was possible Ed would love for me to be able to stay home. It's very sweet but I really like working it makes me A LOT more productive in the other areas of my life.

Anyway after I turned in the application I had a huge freakout. I feel like we would be some much further along if i could just stay at any one of the crap jobs I've left. The other part of me knows im only 23 and i'm still figuring everything out but OMG! i'm such a loser!!! Ugh I know now that I love working in schools and now that I'm in the school district I'll stay for life!


On that lovely note I'll share with you some of my goals/resolutions for 2008:

+ To blog more,be more productive and fill my shop with wonderful things.

+ Branch out my sewing and craftiness. I would really like to be able to give more handmade gifts.

+ Get serious about WW and lose the weight....again.

+ Overall be more active and take better care of myself.


I think that's pretty much it. After taking a 3 hours nap and writing this I am feeling slightly better about life. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer :)

3 comments:

The Millionizer said...

hey, i've left several jobs. some after only 2 weeks and some that had great benefits. but the problem was that i was depressed while working there. when tbu told me to quite easter seals it was such a breath of fresh air. yeah, i was unemployed for a while but now i have an amazing job, with co-workers i love that has flexibility for me to accomplish my other goals. my point being, don't freak out, shit happens because it has to.

The Millionizer said...

oh and also, want to be my walking buddy?

xoDanielle said...

Thank you, it's nice to know i'm not the only one :)

When and where do you wanna walk?!